- Resident Committees
- Youth Advisory Commission
Youth Advisory Commission
What Does the Youth Advisory Commission (YAC) Do?
While learning about local government procedures and policies, YAC members help promote the City's ongoing recycling program and work at various annual events, including the summer fishing derby and holiday tree lighting in Snider Plaza. YAC members also act as an advisory group for the City Council when there are items being considered that could directly impact teenagers. In addition to special activities, YAC members meet on a monthly basis to review routine business.
For more details, watch the YAC Promotional Video.
- To be eligible for consideration, students must reside in University Park and be in the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade at the start of the upcoming academic year.
- All applicants are required to interview with a selection panel comprised of staff and City Council members.
- YAC members are expected to attend all group meetings and actively participate in all designated events. Community service hour credits are available for those who serve on YAC.
- Once selected, students are eligible to serve for the remainder of their high school years.
YAC Mission Statement
The University Park Youth Advisory Commission is a liaison between the youth of the City and the City Council. YAC strives to provide service and leadership in the pursuit of effective change for the entire community.
View the YAC Bylaws (PDF).
Application for Fall 2023
Thank you for your interest in the University Park Youth Advisory Commission! University Park high school students who are interested in community service and learning about City operations may want to apply for a slot on the City's Youth Advisory Commission. The application deadline is March 31.
2023-24 Youth Advisory Commission Application
If you have any questions about YAC, please email Amanda Hartwick or email Paige Ruedy.