Potable water for each residence, school, and business in the City of University Park is provided through a network of pipes commonly referred to as the "distribution system." This distribution system is buried below most alleys and some street rights-of-way throughout the community. The Infrastructure Maintenance Division staff routinely performs the following services:
- Install / repair water service taps (water main to property line) for each residential or commercial customer
- Repair pipe failures within the distribution system
- Read meters for 9,000 plus residential and commercial accounts
- Maintain two 2-million-gallon elevated water storage tanks
- Support the Engineering Division in its design and reconstruction of aging distribution infrastructure.