- Municipal Court
- Traffic Tickets
- Driving Safety Course
Driving Safety Course
You can request the Driver's Safety Course (DSC) process online, by mail or by fax at 214-987-5335. If you are requesting DSC by mail, please print the application and mail it to the court. You must submit your request on or before the appearance date. The correspondence will be reviewed and paperwork will be sent to you with further instructions.
Do not take a DSC course without first obtaining permission from the Court. Do not pay the citation online. Simply paying the citation will result in a conviction.
To be eligible, you must:
- Enter a plea of guilty or no contest
- Have a valid Texas Driver's License
- Present proof of Financial Responsibility (insurance), listing the driver
- You have not completed a DSC in the 12 months prior to the date on the citation
- Pay court costs and administrative fee
You are not eligible to request a DSC if you were:
- Holding a Commercial Driver License
- Charged with speeding 24 miles or more over the posted speed limit
- Charged with a serious violation such as:
- Speeding in a construction zone
- Passing a school bus
- Reckless driving
- In an accident involving damage to a vehicle
Once the court gives their approval, you will have 90 days to complete the DSC course, obtain a certified copy of your driving record and submit the affidavit. Upon successful completion and return of your documents on or before the assigned date, your citation will be dismissed. The Court assumes no responsibility for delayed, lost, misdirected, incomplete, or postage-due mail.
If you fail to complete any of the requirements on or before your due date, your case will be set for a Show Cause Hearing. A letter will be mailed to the address on your citation. If you fail to appear at the hearing a judgment will be imposed and could result in a conviction or a warrant for your arrest. Waiving your Show Cause Hearing and paying the remaining balance will result in a final conviction.
To request Defensive Driving online, enter your citation number and date of birth, press the search tab, then select explore options.
To apply for Defensive Driving by mail, print the Defensive Driving Application (PDF) and mail it to:
University Park Municipal Court
2800 University Boulevard
University Park, TX 75205
View a list of approved online Driving Safety Courses.
Paperwork due to the court on or before your assigned date, defensive driving certificate, driving record and affidavit.
- You may request your (type 3A) driving record online.
- You may request your (type 3A) driving record by mail by mailing the Driving Record Request (PDF) to the state.
- You may print an Affidavit for Driving Safety Course (PDF); this form must be notarized prior to returning to court.