Benefits, Compensation & Classification
University Park employee benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Retirement Benefits
- 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts
- Accrued Paid Vacation and Sick Leave Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Tuition Reimbursement
- Whole Life Insurance
- Legal Assistance Services
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Higher Education Learning Partnerships for Employees and Their Dependents
- Travel Assistance
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection Services
- Will Preparation
Transparency in Coverage
Under the Transparency in Coverage Final Rule, Group health plans are accountable for publishing the pricing for their plans. To support group health plans that leverage BCBSTX for network negotiation and claims processing, BCBSTX will generate the In Network and Out of Network Files for all plans administered by BCBSTX and required to comply with the Transparency in Coverage Final Rule. These files are updated monthly, free of charge, without requiring personal identifying information or logging into an account and can be accessed starting July 1, 2022. View the In Network and Out of Network files.
Human Resources provides support to all departments in the areas of salary administration, classification of positions, application of overtime rules (FLSA), market surveys and other topics connected to employee compensation.
Our department works to promote the professional and academic growth of our employees through our tuition reimbursement program, higher education learning partnerships, and numerous training opportunities. The University Park Civic Foundation also sponsors a scholarship program for the dependents of University Park employees.