- Sanitation / Recycling
- Residential Collection
- Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste
The City, through an Interlocal Agreement with Dallas County, participates in a program to provide safe and legal disposal of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) for University Park residents.
Residents have two options under this program:
- Drop off items at the Household Chemical Collection Center (HC3)
- Attend any HHW Collection event conducted by the Dallas Area Household Hazardous Waste Network
Both services are free to University Park residents. Please bring a driver's license and a recent utility bill stub to prove residency.
Household Chemical Collection Center
The Household Chemical Collection Center is located at:
Household Chemical Collection Center (HC3)
11234 Plano Road
Dallas, Texas 75243
The HC3 is located one mile north of IH-635 (LBJ Freeway). The facility is the first building past the railroad tracks (heading north on Plano Road) on the east side of Plano Road. The building is easily identifiable by its white color and bright turquoise trim.
Hours of Operation
9 am to 7:30 pm.
8:30 am to 5 pm
2nd and 4th Saturdays
9 am to 3 pm
Note: Closed every Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday
Home Chemical Collection Events
For information about collection events, call 214-553-1765.
Items Accepted at HC3 & Collection Events
- Aerosol sprays
- Automotive fluids and oil filters
- Batteries of all kinds
- Cellular phones and batteries
- Chemical products for home use
- Cleaners and polishes
- Craft and hobby supplies
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Lawn and garden chemicals
- Paint and home repair products
- Personal computers including: laptops, monitors, printers, drivers, circuit boards, cables and wiring, battery backup systems, etc.
- Pool chemicals
Under Texas state law, computer manufacturers are also responsible for recycling unwanted personal computers. View the Computer Recycling Flyer (PDF) for more information.
Items Not Accepted
- Business or commercial waste
- Common trash or recyclables
- Construction debris
- Containers larger than 5 gallons
- Electronics other than computers and cell phones, including: televisions, scanners, fax machines, dumb terminals, analog phones, etc.
- Explosives or ammunition
- Medical waste
- Smoke detectors or other Radioactive materials
Other Participating Cities
In addition to University Park, other Dallas County cities participate in the program. Non-University Park residents should call their own cities to confirm program participation, or call 214-533-1765. This program is paid for by cities participating in the Dallas Area Household Hazardous Waste Network and Dallas County.
For more information about HC3, plus 2021 holidays observed, visit the Dallas County Household Hazardous Waste page.
For More Information
For additional information residents may call the City's 311 Information Line or complete a Service Request Form.