Police Reports

University Park Police Reports

Filing a Police Report

A police report can be filed by either stopping by the 24-Hour Entrance located on the first floor of the University Park City Hall or by calling 214-363-3000 to have a University Park Patrol Officer stop by your residence to create a police report. All reports must be made in person. There is no fee associated with the creation of the report.

Adding Information to an Existing Police Report

If you have acquired additional information regarding an incident or offense that has been reported to the University Park Police Department, this information may assist in the investigation of the case. Information (regarding additional stolen or damaged property, suspect descriptions, etc.) may be added to an existing report by phoning the Criminal Investigation Division of the University Park Police Department at 214-987-5354.

Domestic Violence Information

If you or someone you know is a victim of Domestic Violence or if you have been threatened or hurt by someone within your household - call the police. It is a crime for any person to cause you any physical injury or harm even if that person is a member or former member of your family or household.

Protective Orders

If you feel that you, your child, or any other household resident has been injured or if you feel you are going to be in danger from a member or former member of your household - you have the right to file a criminal complaint against the person committing family violence. A "protection order" is an order issued by a court that protects a person by requiring another person to do, or not do, certain things. You should consult a legal aid office, a prosecuting attorney, or a private attorney to assist you.