Certain citations may be eligible for dismissal. Defendants may submit their request for dismissal in open court on the assigned date and time. Dismissals are also considered during normal business hours at the court clerk's counter.
If you have been charged with Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (no insurance), you must appear in court on or before your appearance date and do one of the following:
- If you have insurance, you must present a valid insurance card or policy that was in effect at the date and time of your offense. Upon verification of your insurance coverage, your citation will be presented to the Judge for dismissal.
- If you cannot show valid proof of insurance, you must pay the fine or request a court date to speak with the Judge about your situation. Payment of the fine will result in a conviction on your driving record.
Expired Motor Vehicle Registration
- If the vehicle is registered within 20 working days after the offense or before the first court appearance, the Court may dismiss.
- Defendant must show proof of payment of late registration fee to the county.
- If dismissed, the fee may not exceed $20.